Monday, July 14, 2008

Cristiano Ronaldo refused to say sorry for claiming to be a football Slave


CRISTIANO RONALDO has refused to say sorry for claiming he is a football slave.The Manchester United winger was handed the opportunity to retract his statement as he recovered from ankle surgery.But Ronaldo, 23, instead chose to whine about “the worst injury of my career”.He said: “I don’t want to speak about that again. I’ve said all I had to say.“I only want to recover from my injury.“This is the worst injury of my career but I’m optimistic. I hope the treatment goes well so I can start training earlier.”Ronaldo’s refusal to apologise is likely to distance himself further from the United fans who have grown tired of hearing about his “dream” of playing for Real Madrid.The £120,000-a-week Portuguese ace seized on comments made by FIFA president Sepp Blatter, who claimed Ron should be allowed to leave United and that making him stay was like slavery.But Portsmouth boss Harry Redknapp insists Blatter is talking complete rubbish.He said: “For Blatter to say that when players are earning what they are is absolute nonsense. It’s plain crazy.”

0 comments on "Cristiano Ronaldo refused to say sorry for claiming to be a football Slave"